Monday, April 14, 2008

Birthday Season Is Here



I feel like there are "birthday seasons". Has anyone ever noticed that? Maybe it's just me but it seems like from September to November then again April to May, the birth rate freakily influxes. All my friends birthdays fall into this range of months, which doesn't do well for my social life or my wallet. I try to pride myself on being a good friend so I suck it up and attend the parties on a Tuesday night when I'd rather be in bed sleeping or in Strozier studying for a test the next day, and I grit my teeth and smile the entire time I'm dishing out $20 for a party bus or a birthday present. Ah, yes, a birthday present. I absolutely refuse to be the cliche gift card giver so this, more than a hangover, is a painful process. It's so hard to give the perfect gift. Good thing I'm well-trained in the art of CREATIVITY (I'm a level 2 creative "grad" aren't I? I think that counts as being well-trained... or something.) so it's been pretty easy in the past. But nothing is as tricky as buying for the opposite sex. So, what do I do in this situation? Google it. Duh. I wanted to share what I found with everyone so you aren't the shamelessly lazy friend who gives cash. Yes, I'm saving you from yourself. Plus, this website is pretty cool.

http://www.gifts.com/finder

Birthday Season Is Here

No comments: