Saturday, April 26, 2008

Peace out D-Town down

I woke up this morning and it felt just like any other ordinary day. But the anxiety was building as my days in Tallahassee were slowly evaporating. I have about two more days before I move to Dallas to start my life. It really hasn't sank in yet, you know, the fact that I am done with school. It feels just like every other end to a semester. I'm guessing I'm going to start to feel it over the next week when I start moving into my new apartment with a friend from high school.

I am so anxious and ready to get to Dallas. There have been nights that I'm up till 5 am or even 6 am just tossing and thinking about what's coming up. I grew up in Dallas and after coming out to school here at Florida State I realized how important and special that city has been throughout my life. Dallas has helped mold me into the person I am today and I feel like it is the right place for me to continue the journey. Plus, I am in love with the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Mavericks. Watching those two teams here has always helped me feel closer to home over the past four years.

I'm just beginning the packing process and I just realized how much crap I have. I have thrown out three giant trash bags of clothes and all sorts of junk. I'm trying to consolidate everything down as much as possible. I'm only taking my car to Dallas so I have to make sure I can fit everything in it. It will definitely be a tight fit. I think I'll manage though.

It was awesome to be part of the team that won the presentation on Thursday. Last year in creative I my group came in second place so it was nice to win my final presentation as a student. I was part of a great group and feel really lucky to have been able to work with Stacy-Lynn, Ryan, and Rachel. We all had unique attributes and talents and though we had some rough times it was great to see our idea evolve through the adversity.

Good luck to everyone. This is my last post. For now. Holla at cha boi!!

Peace out D-Town down

2 comments:

Rachel Hewitt said...

Good Luck in Dallas! we will miss you!

Kline said...

why is it peace out D-Town if you are going to Dallas? Did I miss something?