Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Selling something is not always easy


I remember last semester in CSI we did this exercise where you had the weirdest things to try an sell or advertise for. Well, I just got back from a conference with the company work for in Las Vegas and decided that two-thirds of every company there offered the same exact thing to the end users. This company has a solution that will work, but so does everyone else.

I see this really causing a problem for the industry. I think that what is going to happen is it will become much more like a commodity and become price driven. And the interesting thing that I don't know if a marketing manager can solve is that when one company comes up with this great new product offering every one of the other companies has to do something in response to the new product.

I wonder what I would do to make my company world famous in a situation like this where everyone is the same. What would you do?

Selling something is not always easy

No comments: