Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For

Happy Spring Break everyone! As I left Tallahassee to spend my week at home with my parents I spent my four hour drive thinking about how I was going to spend every day laying at the pool getting a nice tan for the rest of the Spring semester. Well, the first day I was at home (home is New Port Richey, Fl..about 30 minutes north of Tampa)it was cloudy and cold. I sat inside wishing that it would warm up so that I could get my tan on. The next day I got a phone call from one of my oldest friends inviting me to Clearwater Beach the next day. Seeing that the weather said the high was only about 74 I accepted the invite, hoping that it would end up being warmer. I went to the beach which was quite chilly at first, and ended up getting all the sun I wanted...and a lot that I didn't! I basically look like a lobster from head to toe and find it painful to even wake up in the morning. I guess Chris Daughtry says it the best..."Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it all".

Anyway I hope that everyone is enjoying their week off. Although I was only able to spend one day basking in the sun I'm finding this Spring Break to be one of the most relaxing I have ever had. I just found out that of the 4 tests I have had so far this semester I have gotten 3 As and 1 B. I believe I deserve a litle R&R and that's exactly what I'm doing. I've been sleeping in, spending time with my parents, facebooking and blogging as much as I want, watching as many movies and I want, and tomorrow I'm going to visit a local White House Black Market for some research. Life couldn't be better.

Be Careful What You Wish For

No comments: