Monday, March 24, 2008

Nashville


So I auditioned for Nashville Star a few weeks back and I was chosen as a regional finalist. So I spent this past weekend in Nashville for the callbacks. It was crazy! There were 6,000 people there for the open calls portion and who knows how many regional winners were in line with me. It was at the Opryland Resort and John Rich from the duo "Big and Rich" was there. They did American Idol style and cut us in groups. Everyone I heard was extremely talented and it was sad to see everyone get cut. However it ended up being a great weekend - since I was cut, I had the whole rest of the weekend to explore Nashville. I went to the Botanical Gardens and art museum and to the Country Music Hall of Fame. Then I went out to experience the nightlife and ended up singing and dancing on the Coyote Ugly bar. I also sang karaoke with a bunch of other Nashville Star rejects at a local karaoke bar. It was a good time. I'm bummed that I didn't make it onto tv but I keep hoping my big break will come soon. Now its back to homework and my crappy part-time, minimum-wage retail job! yuck!

Nashville

No comments: