Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break is too short

I actually had a good time while I was home for spring break. I got to see some old friends and now that I'm 21 I can finally go to half of the places on the island and the beach! I have to say the most interesting thing was meeting the bird guy at the beach - aka "Z-man." First my friends get busted for smoking marijuana in their car which was a really dumb idea! Then as we all sat around drinking on the sand it was really hilarious to people watch - especially watching tourists! I cannot put in writing my disdain for people who feed the birds on the beach. I have been pooped on multiple times by these birds and it's because idiots continue to feed them and then they hover over the area waiting for more food and I am an innocent victim! But even better than the tourists this day was our very own Cocoa Beach local. The bird man showed up and for awhile we just stared and laughed while he talked to the birds. My friend Sarah and I went to the bathroom and when we returned, the bird man was talking to our guy friends! After the guy rambled about his run-ins with the cops at the beach (he was wearing a hat with a pot leaf on it) and sympathized with my friends earlier run-in with the police, he wanted to introduce us to his friends. So he dumped a bunch of bird seed in my friend's hands and said "are you ready to rock?" and the birds charged at my friend. haha. It was scary and hilarious at the same time. And that concluded our exciting afternoon at the Cocoa Beach pier.

Spring Break is too short

No comments: