Monday, March 17, 2008

The Muffin Top...

So we were all sitting in the side station talking about useless things, as we always do at the Olive Garden. Along walks a girl, not to heavy but, well she had a muffin top. A guy next to me explained to me this whole muffin top thing and I thought it was hysterical. Apparently its when a girls stomach hangs out all around the pants, not just the sides, probably because her pants are 2 sizes too small, and so is her shirt. Later on after this muffin top experience I was watching the funniest commercials of 2008 thing with Kathy Griffiths, and the muffin top surfaces again. Lifesavers put out a commercial about this concept, and I am almost 96% that is where the guy at work learned of the muffin top. This goes to show you that advertising can become part of our culture, part of our vocabulary, almost without our knowledge. I think it's awesome that I can be a part of such a powerful tool used by anyone who's anyone in the consumer market. In case you want to familiarize yourself with the muffin top here is the youtube link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyO-z_7Ip9c

The Muffin Top...

No comments: