Monday, March 24, 2008

Sharing Time: My fave bands



Ok so I'll come clean and admit that I have this weird "fetish" for bands that begin with the word
"the." I know its sort of passe to still have a band name like that but I appreciate those who love the randomness of naming themselves something like "The Beat Crusaders." The fad of the "the" naming convention caught on in Japan some how (not that I'm complaining) and so now my iTunes playlists look something like this

The Gazzette
The PenPals
The Sex Machineguns (a weird tribute to the sex pistols...they don't really sound the same)
The Pillows
The Dears
The Magnetic Fields
The Postal Service
The Strokes
The White Stripes
The Hives
...ok...I guess you get the point by now :P
Since The Pillows are one of my fave Japanese bands, I wanted to post a picture of them. Its not the best one but you can plainly see that they are super cute :9 They were responsible for the rock music of Furi Kuri (Fooly Cooly in english). You can hear some of the music from that show here. Here's a FLCL (Fooly Cooly) pic. I don't think that anything can explain what this Anime is supposed to be about so even if you listen to the song and look at the image--don't feel bad if you're still thinking WTF...

Sharing Time: My fave bands

No comments: