Monday, March 10, 2008

Forget Big Brother, Worry about Advertisers

Internet companies are becoming more aggressive in the way they are target consumers. The New York Times wrote an interesting article about this. Companies are merging and buying each other out in order to gather more information on consumers. Even before the article I had notice that many of the ads seemed to be target to me, especially on myspace. For instance, I am a big Boondocks fan. Which is why i notice that I see a lot of banner ads and skyscraper ads about the Boondocks. However, I don't think they got the response that they wanted from me. It actually creeped me out. I actually prefer ads about things that aren't related to me. Otherwise, I feel like someone is spying on me.

Forget Big Brother, Worry about Advertisers

No comments: