Thursday, October 30, 2008

30 in 60 SHOW!!

Hey guys!!
I already sent out an e-mail, but I am also going to blog a little bit about my comedy troupe. Basically, if you want creative people, you want my troupe. I honestly think that out of the other comedy troupes I've seen, 30 in 60 has some of the best comedic and creative performers and ideas. Basically we're awesome.
Just a little background about us: we perform 30 pre-made, though not written or memorized by any means, in an hour. The audience gets a menu with the number and title of each skit and they get to choose which skit we do when. So audience participation is vital!
Every individual person contributes in their own way to the overall performance. Each person brings their own concept of comedy and acting style that we can appease any audience. For those who love crazy funny we have Tim. If you appreciate sarcasm we have Derek, and if you like straight up goofy you've got me! Those are just three out of the fifteen and, when I say they are all equally creative, I mean it. Everyone has to work as a group to come up with ideas for skits. We have to break off into smaller groups and try and create concepts that are plausible for our themes, etc. Everyone has an overall say in whether a skit makes it or breaks it, usually determined by a vote. This way, only the skits that everyone loves make it into the show.
This particular show was about commercials, and it was, for me, one of the most fun to make. I enjoyed thinking of ads that were 1) easily recognizable, even for people who don't watch a lot of television and 2) easy to make fun of. You can probably think of some right now that aren't really intended to be funny but clearly fit the mold. This is our second show of the semester and I'm stoked. We're an intimate group and we love audience interaction.
Come check us out this Friday in rm 201 of Dodd at 7 p.m.
Here is a link to some of our other videos from last year: http://www.youtube.com/30in60

30 in 60 SHOW!!

1 comment:

Tom Laughon said...

How about bringing your troupe our way? What a great way to jumpstart the class with a "Tuesday Night Live" performance.

Just a thought : )