Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Boo! Were you scared?





So this time of year is when it is actually fun to be terrified out fo your mind and not sleep well for a few days. Many people even go to events where they pay to have people scare them. I was one of these confused souls.


Every theme park (Well at least to me knowledge) does some kind of Halloween Extravaganza. Universal Studious puts on the Halloween Horror Night event (one which I fall victim to year after year) this year's theme being the childhood scary tale of Bloody Mary. Six Flag's does Fright Fest. Busch Gardens does Howl-O-Scream this year with the theme of twins. (ya I think thye are scary sometimes too). Wild Adventures is hosting Phobia. Even Disney does Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween, but c'mon thousands of kids running aroun disney in costumes at night....sounds pretty terrifying to me. Inside these parks there is "scare zones," haunted houses, shows, alcohol in creative ways (such as the "blood bag" jello shots Universal had this year) and general monstors and creepers ont he rampage.


Some of these events are scarier than others, and some are much more well orgainized and put together with their themes. Which made me think about the extreme amount of creativity needed to pull off one of these events. There needs to me a main story, with a back story, every hosue must somehow link and also have a backstory, plus the scarezones, plus the food and drinks served. It is a very well oiled machine.


This all is a lot like what we are doing in advertising, only their main for of advertising is putting on an event that actually is scary and cohesive and worth your money.


Boo!


Were you scared?

(yes, this year in Halloween Horror Nights I had a guy scare me and I kinda well...jumped and freaked out and he said "Oh im sorry did I scare you? Wow I'm good! Boo! Were u scared?" but he had a fake chainsaw so he was pretty scary.)


Boo! Were you scared?

4 comments:

Luciano said...

Hey savanah i think your blog made a mistake. There is an inappropriate picture on there. I hope you check to see that it posts correctly. The picture I sure went up as an accident.!@!!!!!!!

Vanessa Mc said...

UH oh... there is a boo boo on the blog. It's not your fault, we can tell you didn't mean it.

Amanda Gibbs said...

Nobody get mad at Savannah I think this is an accident from one of the websites she went to for halloween pics!!

OMG Savannah I wish I had your number so I could tell you something went wrong with your blog!

Savannah said...

Basically what happend...I got my tech guy Rob to fill me in...was the website i copied the picutre from had a code to protect their images from being stolen by criminals like me. So whne I copied it over it looked fine, and showed up like the picture was going to go as planned, but when it actually posed the code kicked on and switched the images wiht the....euck one. Sorry again abotu all of this guys!