Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Pie

So, as I hope you are all aware Parent's Weekend has just passed us by. My parents have not yet left, as they are leaving on Monday. This weekend in celebration of their visit I have been cooking up a storm. I made cookies, brownies, cake, and fudge all from scratch. My last big adventure was to make pumpkin pie...from scratch which includes a real pie pumpkin. This has proved to be the most difficult task ever. First cutting open the pumpkins took 3 people...and power tools...then cooking them correctly and scooping them out, finding all the correct spices, roasting the pumpkin seeds. It is quite a bit of work....and in the end I don't like pumpkin pie. I'm not sure I know anyone who really does.... Well that was a lot of wasted effort. so my new quote for this class is "creativity is like making a pumpkin pie. You need to bring a lot to the table, it's much harder to do alone, you love your results...but your not quite sure why you started int he first place"

Pumpkin Pie

No comments: