Tuesday, October 7, 2008

THe Anti-Creative Movement Winner of the Day

So this may be a tiny bit vent-ish....but my professor this morning really disappointed me. He's a cool guy but he lectured all class on how to write an essay. He wanted everyones paper to be the same. Same format..even same word choice!!!!! He literally wrote out the most elementary style format on the board: Intro: Include topic and thesis. Body: Have evidence to support; and Conclusion. After writing this on the board he literally said "this is how everyones essay is going to be." I was in pure shock!!

I can't believe a teacher would want to read the same thing over and over again. That is the epitome of anti-creative. He even told us what transitional words to use!!! He wrote them on the board!!!! He really wrote what words should be in our conclusion topic sentence. They were 'thus', 'as a result'..etc. I can't believe he wouldn't even let us be original with our own diction!!

Anyways he takes the cake today. I don't think anything can top that for being more anti-creative. If you can challenge it, please share so I can be closer to being cool with my teacher again!!

THe Anti-Creative Movement Winner of the Day

No comments: