Sunday, October 19, 2008

Stink faces...why?

I don't know about any of you, but I hate stink faces. What is a stink face, you ask? Allow me to explain! A stink face is basically someone's face of disgust towards another person/thing. Maybe I've been spoiled by having classes with all of you guys, but as I walk around campus before my music class I see TONS of stink faces. I don't understand why some people walk around with such a face of disgust!

Also, why do people refuse to look at each other in the eye as they pass one another? This is one of my biggest pet peeves, probably of all time. If I pass you on the street, I will give the whole "Hi, I don't really know you but am still going to be friendly" smile. Will it kill you to be friendly to someone you don't know? Maybe that person is having a horrible day and your smile just cheered them up slightly.

Perhaps I am asking too much of people. Unfortunately I am beginning to think that a lot of people these days care only about themselves. I feel as if everyone is too busy walking around on their phones, checking their Blackberrys for emails, or texting to actual look someone in the eye as they walk by. Maybe I'm being overly naive when I say a stranger is just a friend we haven't met yet, but I honestly hope people start to realize that face to face relationships cannot be replaced by technology. I know some people will call me incredibly naive but I can still hope change will occur. As our future President once said, "There has never been anything false about hope".

Next time you are walking around campus/town/Publix/where ever, I hope you smile as you pass someone. One by one, let's try and eliminate all the stink faces in Tallahassee! After all, it makes me sad to think that these days common courtesy is all too uncommon.

Stink faces...why?

No comments: