Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Carving =)

I love Halloween. And what I really love this year is that both of my jobs are embracing it as well...in really cool ways! At UCClub they're having an employee pumpkin carving contest. I got pretty excited when I saw the memo because 1.) I freakin love halloween 2.) it brings back amazing memories because back home my brother was the most awesome pumpkin carver and 3.) it gives me a chance to see how fun and creative my new co-workers can be. Mind you this is the same job where I feel like Aladdin in the uniform and where everyone looks the same because of the little freedom we have in creating variation in our uniforms( like wearing our nametags in the exact same spot on the dopey vest...ughhhh).

Anyways I really want to participate in the contest. It would be so much fun. If there is a downside its that the contest is being judged by club members. Nothings really wrong with that its just I'm hoping they're aren't as 'wooo!! football"-Florida State-Bobby Bowden-garnet and gold oriented as they seem at events. Because if thats the case then all it takes to win is to carve Bobbys face in a pumpkin...or a seminole head..or football. And lets be real thats pretty gay.

But being honest with myself I know that I won't realistically have time to do it. My week is so crazy as it is. And Im not gonna lie I've never carved a pumpkin myself.....BUT I will for sure this Halloween, whether its in time for the contest or not!!

Pumpkin Carving =)

No comments: