Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hi, Billy Mays here...


You may not know him by name, but you definitely know his voice! That’s because he SHOUTS whenever he is selling something. I thought he only sold household products you’d never actually buy, like OxiClean or KaBOOM! but now, he’s selling…health insurance???

I had the TV on while I was cleaning my room, when, suddenly, I hear someone yelling on the TV. He never fails to grab my attention. Looking up, I see that recognizable, full beard and that slicked-back hair, that blue (sometimes purple) button-down and khaki pants. It’s strange because Billy does not age at all!

Would I buy insurance from him? First, not with that kind of pushy strategy. I don’t respond to screaming. I don’t know who does. And second, I doubt his credibility.

According to wikipedia though, Billy has been super successful as a salesman.

Hi, Billy Mays here...

2 comments:

Katy H. said...

And he's practically wearing the same outfit to sell KaBoom and insurance. It cracks me up!

Amy for Hire said...

Wikipedia says he's successful? Haha, that's not saying much considering that Wikipedia has some poor information posted to it.