Tuesday, October 28, 2008

St. Marks

There are so many things in/outside of Tallahassee that I need to take advantage of before I leave. At the top of my list is St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge. I’d always heard about my friends biking on the trail there, but I never considered going. On Saturday, a friend of mine invited me to come along with him, so I did. We got there really late, as the sun was about to set, so we didn’t get to stay long, but it was incredible. For starters, I saw a deer! Having lived in NY and South Florida all of my life, I’ve never come across deer! There were numerous birds that he was able to recognize simply by the sound they made. We drove all the way to the coast, but sadly, we’d missed the dolphins and sharks. Next weekend I plan on going back to see what I can before the animals start to hibernate.


The drive over to St. Marks


The sky looked like it was in flames! I have never seen a sunset like that!

An owl that my friend got excited about. He took this photo, not me.

Hahaha, I saw this image on a website today when I was researching St. Marks and...



...I happen to have a similar picture that I took!

St. Marks

No comments: