Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Free time

This past week I had so much leisure time, I didn’t know what to do with myself. As tired as I felt, my friend and I journeyed twice to the Rez. We kayaked/napped on Lake Bradford. My arms are still sore from it all. Aside from the lifeguards, we pretty much had the lake to ourselves. So with no one around, we pretended we were competing in the Olympics, and weaved in and out of the buoys, raced each other, rested in the sun, and paddled some more. It was relaxing to drift in the water, the sun out, but accompanied by a nice breeze. I don’t have any pictures from it, but if I had my phone with me, then that means I was doing it all wrong.

I do have a picture of the pizza we made over the weekend, from scratch. Rather than eating out, I had time to labor in the kitchen and cook! She made the dough, I provided the toppings: tomatoes, spinach, and mozzarella.

Free time

No comments: