Monday, October 13, 2008

FOOD for thought :}

I know that lately we’re all so caught up in football games and homework and election 2008 that it’s just easier to grab takeout than it is to cook something healthy. I’m certainly guilty of this. But since it’s October and breast cancer awareness month, I began to think about, and realize, that it is just as easy to shovel a salad into my mouth when doing homework as it is to eat Teriyaki San. (Don’t think even for a second that I’m advocating dieting - good gracious I am sick to death of obesity reports and zone bars!)

However, I am worried however that I could be trading my long-term health for 7 pieces of Stevi B’s pizza. It’s not just the calories or the heart disease though. Think about it. A Baconator from BK Lounge seems like a good choice for it's low low price, but when your body gets worn down from going out 5 nights a week you’re going to want something a little more substantial in your stomach or you’ll be making a not-so-quick trip to Thagard. I know the news says spinach is the answer to all our cancer problems one day - and the next it’s fresh strawberries, which can get really frustrating; but, I’m guessing that most any vegetable has more nutritional value then Hooters hot wings.


The irony in this post lies that just typing this has given me a craving for junk food. While thinking of all the foods that are terrible for us - I have worked up a huge craving for some chocolately cupcakes, or maybe a little Taco Bell... You may see me eating my turkey sandwich on whole wheat today, but I have a sneaking feeling that there’s Gumby's in my near future. After all, I’m only a college student.

FOOD for thought :}

No comments: