Monday, October 13, 2008

Chicken Poop

I am a chicken poop. I have been doing my job and the radio for a few weeks now. I've got editing bits down to a science, and I can now completely produce my own commercials. I write them, read them, edit the recording, put music under it, and add it into circulation for the computer to pull as needed. The problem is that, I AM FREAKING OUT!
My past two internships, my main critique has been that I ask too many questions because I am unsure of myself. This is completely true. That I am taking responsibility for something and would be the sole reason that it fails or gets messed up scares me. In class, I'm as confident as could be. I have a security blanket, nothing will really get ruined forever if I make an error. Once I put an ad on the radio, however, people will hear the mistake, and by then it will be too late.
My goal, that I made for myself at the beginning of Creative Strategy, was to have more faith in myself. Be fearless and unstoppable. I am really trying hard. I'm playing around more with my ads. I'm not scared to be clever or step out of the box a little. I mean, I think I got the job because I'm a performer, English major, and Advertising major, wrapped up into one neat little package. I know what I'm capable of, I just don't know if other people will like it.
It is a process, and hopefully, as I gain more experience, I will become more confident in myself and others confidence in me. I can't always be scared that I am going to fail everyone around me. Hopefully, working on the class project, I will be more experimental with my ideas, and try to kick the box away.

Chicken Poop

No comments: