Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"It's truly revolutionary!"

Usually, infomercials drive me crazy with the horrible acting, "Oh, this jar top won't come off! How will I ever get my jam?" or an annoying spokesmen, "But wait!", "But wait there's more!", or "But that's not all!"

But ShamWow is different. Yes, my love for ShamWow commercials is a bit inexplicable, but it's very real.

If you've not seen these commercials, I urge you to. But be prepared to want to spill stuff just to sop it up with your ShamWow.

The product isn't even all that innovative, but I love Vince, the spokesman. Why is he wearing a headset? Why does he say cola weird? Who is actually paying $20 a month on paper towels? Who decided ShamWow was a good name?

All questions I'll never find the answer to, but ShamWow commercials keeps me saying "Wow everytime!"

"It's truly revolutionary!"

5 comments:

Kristie said...

hahaha Katy I love this! The first time I saw it was on the Home Shopping Network, and I couldn't get myself to change the channel!

DIZZY said...

I love this too! He is great... and I love the 10 year warranty!

Andrea Wolf said...

These are my two favorite lines...

"There's your mildew, that is gonna smell!"

"You following me, camera guy?"

T_Garavuso said...

See, I'm a Magic Bullet (it's a blender!!) infomercial fan :):):) I became obsessed with it... and now own one.

Amy for Hire said...

i love this commercial! my fave line is "i dunno, it sells itself" and the look on his face is just awesome!