Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ads for kids

I was watching Nickelodeon the other day and I was reminded of advertisements for kids. We haven't discussed it really at all in any of my Ad classes. Although kids can not buy things themselves, they can be brats and demand for toys that they see on TV. I remember when I was little me and my sisters would always chant in unison "I want that for christmas" after every Ad we saw. Advertising may not have a great effect on adults anymore, but children are easily persuaded. Also kids do not ignore commercials because they advertise new toys in a fun way. It's so much harder to create Ads that dazzle adults when persuading them to by adult much more expensive toys. Maybe if everyone didn't get all serious after they aged a little and kept their inner kid advertising would be much more effective and easier to approach. I put an example of a commercial that ran when I was watching TV with my little cousin, he was very excited during and after this Ad. 

Ads for kids

No comments: