Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Die Hipster Scum

This site that I am going to write about is something that I have a Love/Hate relationship with.
I'll try to explain...Look Book is a photo blog that allows users to post pictures of outfits that
they've created/designed/whatever and receive interweb props on their creativity or aesthetics.

Some of the stuff is really great and inspires me to dig through my closet and create looks with what I have. Fun right? But the part about LookBook that I hate is how uncool it makes me feel, seriously. These hipters in their American Apparel spandex and Urban Outfitters boots can really piss me off somedays. BecauseI just know that some of them are the kind of people who judge other people solely by what they wear. Believe me, I know one of them.

The other thing that irks me is that, say you wanted to post a picture of yourself in some snazzy outfit that you think is utterly fantastic. Well not so fast, you have to post that picture and then some secret board of LookBook-ers have to invite you in.

It's just like those stupid clubs we used to make up in elemetary school.

But I love fashion in an unreasonable way. I love to hate it and I hate to love it! :D

So here, go feel good about yourself --> http://lookbook.nu/

Die Hipster Scum

No comments: