Sunday, March 22, 2009

New York Trip



So I just got back from NYC, and I miss it already! Everthing is so inspiring! On my way to Ellen's Stardust Diner, a place where the servers are decked out in 50's gear and take turns singing and dancing on tables, I came across some interesting characters in the subway. I saw a woman belting out karaoke hits, pretty poorly at that. On one of the platforms, there was a man carrying a massive cello. But my favorite was a happy- go- lucky gentleman playing a bongo drum for everyone waiting for the train. He sung the "in the jungle" song from The Lion King when I was waiting, and I was amazed at how good he was. I don't know if it was the acoustics underground, or his overall pleasant demeanor, but he made an impression on me. Later at the diner when one of the servers was singing some Broadway song, I couldn't help but to wish the bongo man was playing instead.

New York Trip

No comments: