Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So I had an experience over Spring Break. I took it upon myself to head up to South Carolina and visit a company called Creativecarads.com. Seeing as they dealt with both advertising, and vehicles, I figured it was worth the trip because both of these things are right up my alley. I thought I would only get a 1-2 hour informational interview, but I was invited to shadow both the President and VP of operations for two whole days. I got to see them interact with clients, witness a few pitches, go to a few meetings, even help write a couple scripts for upcoming radio spots. The best part was they all enjoyed hanging out, letting loose, and throwing back a few brews.

All in all I learned a whole lot from my time there. It was my first real career-focused interview of any sort, and it couldn't have gone any better. Now I'm just looking to hear back from them as graduation draws closer. Wish me luck!

No comments: