Monday, March 23, 2009

tell me who's watching


So we are pretty familiar with the new Geico ad with the money and eyeballs. We have talked about it in a few classes now and have discussed how Geico uses multiple ads. I'm still not sure I like this concept of money following you, and the commercial seem really random and somewhat cliche; however, as I was driving back to Tallahassee I saw their ad on a toll both. The eyeballs seemed to stare right at me and the placement makes sense. Who needs car insurance? Well people with cars. Where are people with cars? Toll booths! It makes sense. I may not appreciate the advertisement overall but I did appreciate this non-traditional advertising and wondered why I never saw any other insurance companies do the same.

tell me who's watching

No comments: