Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Advertising is Fishing


As most of you know, I love talking about fishing, so I figure why not do it for my my blog. Advertising is fishing in every aspect. Before a person even begins to pack for a day on the water the need to decide what species they are going after (target market). Once this is decided they pack specific lures, bait, and tackle specific to that species (media vehicles, creative plan, ect). Just like in advertising, you have to know what your going after and be able to look enticing to them. A person is not going to catch a Spotted Sea Trout with a Marlin set up. An ad agency will target young adults completely different then older married couples. Next fisherman has to be keen to the seasonal trends as well as what techniques have worked in the past (situation analysis). Once on the water the fishermen needs to be able to think on top of their feet and be able to adjust to unexpected events (economy, competitors, insufficient product). I may just be way to addicted to fishing and saying this because I haven't been able to go in a while, but just try thinking about it alittle bit.

Advertising is Fishing

No comments: