Sunday, March 29, 2009

Text Messaging ending the English Language

Lately I have been seeing a lot of articles on texting leading to the end or decay of the English language. I am definitely a violator of misspelling things and using numbers instead of words. However, that is just one of the things of texts you only have a limited space so you can write stuff phenetically or with numbers, symbols and people will understand it and know what your talking about. Even my dad says "Wat r u doing 2 day". Its not an e-mail it is a text. I can understand how it is affecting younger kids though. I started catching myself in papers writing the way I would talk in a text instead of the proper English language. Maybe soon they will have some type of spell check or grammer check on cell phones or maybe we will all stop being lazy.

-Ellen M

Text Messaging ending the English Language

No comments: