Wednesday, February 17, 2010

drink mania



Throughout the past year and a half, I walk into my sorority house to find some new brand of drink being dumped by the hundreds in our foyer every month. I'm sure some of you know what I am talking about. Brands have included Monster, Amp, random new-comers, and even really neat small aluminum bottles of Diet Coke. Needless to say, they go extremely quickly as does anything free on a college campus. The reps usually drop them off and have to get a picture with some of the girls to prove they were promoting the product. All in all, it's gotten pretty old and recently the drinks have been left to rot... most likely due to girls spazzing from too much caffeine. But as of this week there was a new contender that didn't have a rep drop by that overloaded us with hundreds of drinks we didn't need. Red bull made aluminum flowers out of their cans, put them on sticks, stuck them in the ground on our front lawn, and put full red bulls inside of the red bull flowers... I wish I had taken a picture because it truly was pretty impressive. They might've done this for every house I'm not too sure, but there were only about 50 red bull flower drink holders and, for the first time in a while, they were gone before I even got a chance to get to the house to see what everyone was talking about. We aren't entirely sure who put them there but I'm pretty sure it was local promoters in the spirit of Valentine's Day. Ultimately, they did great... girls actually took the drinks and the neat flowers are still on our lawn for everyone to see.

drink mania

No comments: