Wednesday, February 10, 2010

props to you fox

As many of you may already know, Ellen Degeneres is the new judge on American Idol. Here's where she announced it to her fans on her show last year.


Not being a big fan of American Idol, I regularly wouldn't have watched tonights episode; however, tonight marked the first night of Ellen's
appearance, and I love her, so i tuned in. This is most likely what FOX was looking to do, seeing that Degeneres has such a huge and
loyal fan base in which many probably once watched Idol and eventually fell off the band wagon. So... here I am succumbing to their
strategies. Ellen was pretty hilarious on the epidsode no doubt, but as American Idol never fails to do, it was slightly fake. Her new
judgship, if you would call it, was easily discernible. I could tell they tried to make it look like she had input on who stayed and who left,
which was funny in turn. At the risk of sounding too cynical... honestly, will she ever provide any other input besides comic relief and
simple critiques? I guess we'll have to see... if I watch again. Nevertheless, her apparance will definitely boost ratings, for I, not really an
American Idol fan, watched. So, props to you FOX... we can see through your tactics, but they work like a CHARM.

props to you fox

No comments: