Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mad as a hatter!

So, how many of you are as excited as I am about Tim Burton's take on "Alice in Wonderland"? I always loved the movie when I was a kid, even though it kind of creeped me out a little bit. Looking back, does anyone realize how trippy the movie is in general? I don't think there could be a better director to do a remake of this movie than Tim Burton. He can handle the creepiness and macabre that this movie needs to be true to the story it comes from, and the original film. Upon doing some research and watching some trailers, I've found out that Burton's version will be about Alice returning to the rabbit hole after her visit as a child. She visits some familiar faces and sees how Wonderland has changed since her first visit. Watching the trailers I get goosebumps, every detail (from what I can see so far) seems dead on, from the computer animated aspects right down to the modernized take on Alice's famous blue dress. I love the taglines at the end of the trailers as well that read "Go through the looking glass in IMAX 3D" and "You've got a very important date March 5th 2010". They play on famous lines from the movie which get you excited about seeing the film, as well as reminding you that the movie will be coming out in IMAX 3D, and it comes out on March 5th. Here is a trailer, get excited!

Mad as a hatter!

1 comment:

Maria Correa said...

I cannot wait for this movie to come out! Also, to combine your love for Alice + love for Advertising, the ADDY's this year are themed: Alice in ADDYland. (In case you don't know, ADDY's are the Advertising Awards) You should come, Feb. 20th at the Alumni Center! Let me know if you're interested!