Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spicin' things up!



Ever since this Old Spice commercial hit the market, women and men both have been going crazy over it. I personally haven't even seen the commercial on TV, but only heard about it through facebook statuses and all the commotion it has conjured up. What is it that is so great about this commercial that has got people talking? After watching the commercial on YouTube, I see the humor in it, but still feel as though I have seen much more humorous ads that haven't stirred up this much talk. The ad seems to put women as the target of the message for a mens product. That to me is GENIUS considering women have most of the buying power in the household. However, even though the message is targeting women, every single person I've heard talk about this commercial has been male. What is it about this ad that has every guy talking? And are more women buying the product for their men? All in all, Old Spice took a very creative approach by subliminally talking to their target market. I'm very curious to see the rest of the ads that follow in this campaign.

Spicin' things up!

No comments: