Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This video makes me Snicker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QAlt4Sfl7Q

I know you guys have seen the recent Snickers ads that go something like "you are not yourself when you're hungry". I saw this voiceover/slowed down parody video of Lord of the Rings recently and though that'd make for a funny Snickers ad. Then I started to think about why doesn't Snickers start using cartoons, superheros, etc. rather than old people. I'd assume candy bars target a younger demographic. How much more would a preteen get out of spider man failing to have his web catch a building and falling into a snack stand only to stand up holding a Snickers that he then eats giving him the ability to sling off into the skyline again? As compared to Arethra Franklin and Betty White? I definitely like Snickers' new campaign, but there is so much more room for expansion within this message.

This video makes me Snicker

No comments: