Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lost Connections

As amusing as the lost connections application is on Craigslist.com, I found a blog created by Sophie Blackwall and it is inspired by these lost connections that occur everyday in New York City. Her profile reads:


Messages in bottles, smokes signals, letters written in the sand; the modern equivalents are the funny, sad, beautiful, hopeful, hopeless, poetic posts on Missed Connections websites. Every day hundreds of strangers reach out to other strangers on the strength of a glance, a smile or a blue hat. Their messages have the lifespan of a butterfly. I'm trying to pin a few of them down.


Cartoons accompany the description and several reach out to the people they ran into or saw shortly for that day. The locations range from the library, street corners, subways, coffee shops and so on. Here are some blogs from the website:


Friday, January 8, 2010
- m4w
When I put your coat collar up to protect you from the cold...
on the corner of E Houston and Bowery...
and I looked in your eyes...
I was very tempted to kiss you...
but I don't steal women from other men...

still...
I was tempted..
Sunday, January 31, 2010
- w4m (BPL)
We were in the Brooklyn Public Library on Saturday, browsing graphic novels – you had on a big furry hat and nice smile. You tapped me on the shoulder and told me I'm pretty. That was nice. Which book did you end up borrowing?

To see more of the blogs the website is: http://missedconnectionsny.blogspot.com/

Lost Connections

No comments: