Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stumble Upon this...

A really great thing happened to me on Monday...while sitting in my "wonderful" Media Planning class, I was introduced to one of the greatest websites that I have seen in a long time. Some of you may have spent countless hours on it and some of you may not have a clue what I'm talking about. This simple website, stumbleupon.com, should be visited by every person who is literate enough to use a computer. The concept of the website is simple, really. You sign up, check the boxes of "categories of interest" and just hit the button labeled "stumble." The website takes into consideration the boxes you checked and then sends you to random websites you've never heard of in your life. The anticipation of what I could possibly "stumble upon" excites me every time I visit the site. Just the other day I came across a tutorial for how to take nap. Really? There are people out there who don't know how to nap? This was both disturbing and entertaining all at one time. Another stumble lead me to a guy playing the Inspector Gadget song on beer bottles. Creative or insane that he took the time to learn that? I highly recommend that everyone check out this site. It's a good way to pass the time (that I know none of us really have) or to procrastinate on writing that English paper you were supposed to start three days ago. Happy stumbling!

Stumble Upon this...

1 comment:

Kellie Cochran said...

Whoever introduced it to you must've been really cool.