Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Cows Have It


I honestly get a kick every time I'm driving in my car and spot out of the corner of my eyes, the Chick-Fil-A cows. To me Chick-Fil-A and their "Eat Mor Chickin" campaign is one of my favorite and unusual ever. They are so different from any other fast food burger place that focuses their advertisements solely on their hamburgers. Chick-Fil-A on the other hand, chooses to use the fact that they "didn't invent the chicken, just the chicken sandwich" as a way to set them apart from the other fast food competitors. Many of times, you see pictures of the cows wearing signs for example that say "Take a Vacashun Frum Beef" or the classic billboard (like the picture) where the sneaky cows are spotted painting something promoting eating chicken. Of course, the advertisements and the words in the advertisements are spelled wrong, but who expects cows to be able to spell, or let along even paint billboard signs with their hooves? Not me for sure, and it only helps but add to the appeal and the realness of the advertisement. Actually, even though the Chick-Fil-A has experienced such success with their "Eat Mor Chickin" campaign, they actually had to put it on hold for a certain period of time. The campaign was put on hold during a Mad Cow disease scare around 2003, but then the cows were later put back in action and appearing on billboards and ads everywhere. To me the success of a great advertisement campaign, is if the audience can recognize the ad and then relate it back to the product. Everyone I know, when they see a picture of a cow holding a sign, automatically relates it back to Chick-Fil-A. The Chick-Fil-A cows have become so popular and successful, that Chick-Fil-A has a day where if you come to the restaurant dressed as a cow, they will give you a free chicken sandwich. All this talk though about Chick-Fil-A is making me hungry and wanting to go to Chick-Fil-A, but I guess that is the point of advertising isn't it?

The Cows Have It

No comments: