Monday, February 15, 2010

I believe in Magic

I was watching the NBA All Star game this weekend, and a commercial that aired really caught my eye. It featured a player by the name of Dwight Howard, and I thought it was very funny, not to mention effective (it was humorous but also showed all these cool aspects about the product). I'm not going to pretend that I know a lot about basketball, I definitely don't know every rule of the game, but I really enjoy watching it. I especially enjoy watching Magic games (they're the closest NBA team to my hometown). I remember over the summer when they were in the playoffs, I didn't miss a game! My favorite player without a doubt is Dwight Howard (followed closely by Vince Carter, he is actually from my hometown). Sure, Dwight is a great player, he is clearly a rallying point for Magic fans everywhere, but I like him more for the fact that he has such a distinct personality. He always looks happy, and he always seems to have a childlike happiness about him, like nothing could ever worry him or bother him in the world. Again, I'm not going to pretend like I know all of his stats and his life story, because I don't, but I just think the guy seems very personable. Here are 2 of Dwight's commercials for T-Mobile, one is new (first aired before the Superbowl) and the other is from playoff season 2009. I should also mention both commercials feature the legend, Charles Barkley, who flexes his comedic muscles as well =). I enjoy them both, and I hope you all do too!



I believe in Magic

No comments: