Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Smile! You're outside.



I found this non-traditional piece of advertising while browsing around the internet. It may not be the most flashy or outlandish form of advertising you could come across, but I think it is really intriguing and would definately create a lot of curiousity among those who see it.

A shoe company stamped these WaterStencils all over Nashville one night in 2008. I know if I woke up one morning and all of these notices had appeared everywhere in my city, I'd definately be pretty curious and probably visit the website. I think this campaign is great because Merrell is not only playing to one of their biggest target markets (Nashville), but they are playing into the fact that most people are walking around with iPhones and could type in that web address immeadiately after seeing the ad on the sidewalk. I don't know much about the company or if they had success with this campaign, but I thought it was interesting and I know it would have grabbed my attention if I had seen it!

Smile! You're outside.

No comments: