Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"... crotch in your face"

Yesterday I was on the Tomahawk route bus for the first time since my freshman year. I was feeling too lazy to walk and if I didn't walk fast I was going to be late to my meeting with my advisor. I forgot how packed those suckers got from the hours of 11-3; and I was getting on right at the primetime around 11:45. I remembered why I haven't taken the bus in over a year...

It is the most awkward experience alive when the busses are packed. You have the people standing and the ones sitting down cant look straight ahead because then they're looking at you and that's just awkward, so they pretend to text or mess with their iPod; backpacks are being shoved in guts, feet are being stepped on, accidentally caressing someone's leg. Complete chaos.

And finally, when you have the crazy, speedy-gonzalez, lead-foot bus drivers, they make you hold on for dear life when you're standing. And you try so hard to keep that balance, but then eventually you slip. People act like they don't notice, but you know you just made a fool of yourself in front of 30 people.

But the absolute worse is when you slip and your crotch lands in someone's face...

"... crotch in your face"

No comments: