Thursday, February 12, 2009

Peur(s) du noir


I saw this French movie last night, Peur(s) du noir, translated into Fear(s) of the dark in English.  I went against my better judgement because there was some hype about it, and it was written by some of the "best graphic novelists of our time" so I figured it'd be pretty good. Now I am not into comics books or graphic novels at all, in fact I lean towards disliking them, but I thought I would give it a chance.  I should of known the French would pull something like this.  First of all let's start with the white on white subtitles. wtf? And secondly the female monologue about her fears, which were in the white on white subtitles, and I couldn't read, and the parts I that were legible were so out there and so French they went over my head. I was not alone in my confusion I heard someone behind me say he was too sober to watch something like this. I guess I was too. I know the French are known for their intellectual films but this one was just out of control. Some weird stuff probably made by some creative genius that didn't translate well for me.

Peur(s) du noir

No comments: