Tuesday, February 10, 2009

what has happened to our childhood shows??

I was at work this morning and was talking with my co-workers, and somehow we got on the subject of old TV shows that were on when we were kids. Nickelodeon immediately came up. We started naming all these old shows that we loved to watch back in the day - shows like Guts, Doug, Rugrats, All That, Are You Afraid of the Dark, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Pete and Pete, Wild & Crazy Kids, Salute Your Shorts...the list goes on and on. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THESE SHOWS? And more importantly WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO NICKELODEON? The shows that are on there are not nearly as good as what they used to be. Not only did we all agree that we wished these shows were still on, but we also agreed that it is a shame kids do not have this level of quality in their TV shows today. As soon as I got off work, I came home and looked up some things. There are plenty of YouTube videos of old Nickelodeon shows, but there are also plenty of websites that name and talk about the old Nickelodeon shows. Just search google. If anyone knows of any channels that show any of these old classics, let me know!

what has happened to our childhood shows??

1 comment:

Courtney said...

haha that's awesome. I was going to blog about this as well..I was at dinner the other night with 4 of my friends and we started talking about the same stuff! and how good the shows were and how we wanted to be on guts or legends of the hidden temple! Or how we used to watch the saturday morning shows or the tgif shows..even though we are all from different places around florida and me from jersey, it's so fun to talk about it it like it was just yesterday. O the good times from then!