Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ebay Addicts Anonymous

"You have been out bid." The single worst phrase to see sprawled across your screen after a defeat of bidding. It crawls under your skin when you realize you have just lost the most fabulous pair of Marc Jacobs shoes and fills you with envy as you think someone else will be wearing them. Thousands of Ebay users face this kind of defeat everyday when logging onto this website as frequently as college students on Facebook. 


It happens to everyone except for...my Dad. This past weekend, I ventured back to Boca to find my Dad tutoring friends of the family on how to use Ebay the correct way. Along with his in depth explanations of how to sell items and the strategic way of purchasing, came pages of information on how to conquer this online shopping mall. I then became intrigued by all of the hidden facts that go into being successful on that site and joined the lesson. By Saturday afternoon I had four handbags for sale on the site. Since then I have been checking compulsively to see if I had more bids or comments on my bags. Ebay might be addicting, but once you learn the ropes of the course, you are the girl with that fabulous pair of shoes!

Ebay Addicts Anonymous

No comments: