Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I<3Huckabees


I <3 Huckabees is a brilliant existential comedy. Various crazy people seek help from "Existential Detectives" who HATE being called therapists. Their job is to spy on all aspects of their clients lives in order to figure out their reality.
The movie presents many different kinds of habitual interpretation of ones' surroundings. Detail-orientation, focusing on the big picture, focusing on human drama and dispairing at our insignificance. I feel like the movie seeks to reconcile the various ways people perceive reality into one view. Different situations call for different perspectives.
Additionally the directors' illustration on internal reflection is just magnificent. The political agenda annoyed me a little, but it was totally forgivable.

I<3Huckabees

No comments: