Wednesday, March 31, 2010

COPYCAT INSURANCE COMMERCIALS


After Advertsing Research last semester, and studying State Farm until my eyeballs rolled in the back of my head, I pay more attention to insurance commercials. The auto insurance industry really is quite competitive! You got your Geico, your State Farm, your Allstate, your Nationwide, your Progressive, even that creepy General...

Each brand has it's own spokesperson. Geico has the gecko, cavemen, AND the money-with-eyeballs...Allstate has that Dennis Haysbert guy from Love and Basketball (whom I do not trust because he always plays the cheatin' ass ladies man in movies!)... Progressive has the funny redhead. And now Nationwide has just this weird, funny verging on corny...uh...guy.

Both the Progressive lady and the Nationwide guy use the same style of humor, and I'll go as far as to say that Nationwide straight up COPIED Progressive! They could've been just a tad bit more creative and unique, but they basically ripped off Progressive's red head lady. That's just my opinion but I'll let you be the judge:





Is Nationwide a big, fat, ugly, COPYCAT?

COPYCAT INSURANCE COMMERCIALS

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Weird...I think you're right!