Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Hey everyone sorry I wasn't in class but don't worry I wasn't out getting shwassssted, I was actually in Tampa for an internship interview. I think it went very well and since it is the season for interviews I thought it would be appropriate to share some tips:

  • Be prepared and confident! Research your company backwards and fowards so your not stuck in an awkard position.
  • Be on time. C'mon. This is a no brainer
  • Don't talk too much. I know it is suppossed to be about you but you don't want to seem pompous.
  • Have some questions you want to ask them already prepared. It will help cut out the ummmms and ughhs
  • Dress for success. Dress for the job you want to have!
  • Perfect your handshake. No one likes a sloppy handshake.
  • Dont gossip about other employees.

Good luck everyone with job searching!

Happy St. Patricks Day!

2 comments:

Inspired by ____ said...

Good luck! Where did you interview at?

Melissa Young said...

this place called Chappell Roberts...its a small firm but I am excited!