Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Passover

I feel as though this week once I am finished cooking one dish I have to start another. This week is Passover and is one of the holiest holidays in the Jewish religion. A group of my friends decided to host a Seder just like we have done in previous years. Everyone picks a dish that they feel inclined to make that is Kosher for Passover aka doesn’t have wheat, corn or flower or anything that is leavened. I agreed to make Matzo Ball Soup, which is basically chicken noodle soup with a Jewish form of a dumpling inside. The recipe that I used has been in my family for generations and is a family secret. Many people think they can remake it but have been quite unsuccessful in matching the perfect taste. All of my friends beg me for the recipe but instead of giving it I tell them I will make it for them and give it to them. Time consuming. Yes, but its worth keeping the family recipe a secret. Blow is a link to a recipe on food network that some of my friends have used before and it is pretty tasty (not as good as mine OBVS!) Happy Passover!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sephardic-chicken-soup-with-sofrito-and-herbed-matzo-balls-recipe/index.html

Passover

No comments: