Monday, March 22, 2010

Today must be opposite day...

So I am going to NOLA, which is short for New Orleans for those of you who didn't know, this weekend and I am so pumped I just can't stop thinking about it. Right now, I need a vacation more than ever! I'm sure everyone else is getting just as stressed as I am about all the group projects we have coming up. It's getting a bit insane if you ask me. However as I was day dreaming in class today about my upcoming trip, I started thinking about advertising that cities do. New Orleans is typically thought of as a crazy place for young people to go and drink themselves into a state of complete oblivion. Mardi Gras? Fraternity date functions? Is this not the first thing that comes to your head? Well what if, for some reason, New Orleans wanted to start marketing to a different target such as families. How would they do that? Their recent ads have focused on the great food and French architecture, but I'm not sure that's enough to change the current party perceptions the city currently has. What if Colorado wanted to attract the normal beach goers? Would all of this be possible? I guess my mind was having a little bit of an opposite day today, but it really got me thinking about what I would do if I was given a task like this from a client. There has to be a different way to really grab the attention of these new target groups other than a typical, boring 30 second TV spot. It seems intimidating at first, but I feel like we all have the tools to creatively figure it out. What would you do?

Today must be opposite day...

1 comment:

Olivia Spivey said...

2 days!!!!!!