Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A gallon a day.

So I am a diet coke addict. I don't even like the taste of regular coke, and I wont drink it; I live on diet coke however. My dad has been trying to get me to stop drinking it for years, but because of the fact the my doctors and nutritionists have said it's fine in moderation, I have continued to drink it. Recently he found a study that swears diet coke causes you to gain weight, after hearing this I still did not quit. However, last week when returning from spring break, I didn't buy soda at the grocery store because I had a basket instead of a cart and I didn't feel like carrying it. Since then, (3/14/10) I have not had a sip of soda. I wasn't doing it on purpose, and then I realized it had been almost a week, so I continued depriving myself from my beloved diet coke. Because of this I began drinking more and more water. I began to realize that I was actually getting my 64 ounces in each day, so I decided to take it to the next level. For the past four days I have been drinking at least a gallon of water per day. It is more difficult than you may think. Anyways, I am hoping to keep this up and was wondering what people thought about it.



A gallon a day.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That's insane! I actually cut out soda at Suwannee back in freshman year when I was doing everything in my power to avoid the freshman 15 (besides of course, not eating 8 helpings of dessert each time I went there...). But yeah, now that you've started and made such good progress, it'll probably be fairly easy to stick to. My rule pretty much is if you have to pay for it, don't drink it. This way, I only have soda about once a month at a friend's house or a random meeting where they happen to be serving refreshments. Good luck with your gallon a day challenge...that's got to be so good for you!