Monday, March 15, 2010

Lord of the Dance

So over spring break while everyone was traveling across the country or booze crusing in the caribbean, I was stuck at home. Boring, boring home. I used to enjoy going back, and don't get me wrong it's good to see my family and all, but now I just don't see how I lived 18 consecutive years of my life in that town. There is NOTHING to do. And this time it was even worse because it was cold/rainy the first 4 days and everytime I logged onto facebook to escape that depressing reality, I was quickly reminded, by everyone's status's, that the weather was beautiful EVERYWHERE else. Anywho, on to my point, Saturday night my mother, grandma, and I went to Mobile, Alabama for a "night on the town." I decided to go mainly just to please them so my mother would stop complaining about how I never hang out with her anymore. I wasn't dreading it by any means, but I wasn't necessiarily "pumped" about the night. We had plans to go downtown to dinner and then go see Michael Flatley's "Lord of the Dance." Some of you may have heard of it but, for those who haven't, it's basically an entire Irish musical play acted out entirely through Irish step dancing. I thought it was gonna be a room full of old people, but the concept is awesome and the speed at which they move their feet is AMAZING. It ended up being the best night of my spring break and I would watch it again 100 times. I guess that taught me not to judge a book by it's cover! I could tie this into advertising in some twisted, crazy way, but I would rather just let you watch and enjoy...

Michael Flatley's Lord of the dance 01
Uploaded by thenelaware. - See the latest featured music videos.

Lord of the Dance

No comments: