Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Business Cards

Have you started thinking about what you're doing after college? Internships, Resumes, Applications, blah blah blah? I'm fixing to graduate soon, so I've been thinking about a lot of this. "What am I going to do this fall?" "Where the heck am I going to live?" "Jeez, what is my job going to be? Do I have to live with my parents? GAH"


All that aside, one of the things you have to think about is how you present yourself to potential employers. Your resume tells the employer all that you have done, your experience, education, and the like. But how often do people think about their business cards? Business cards tell the other person about your personality. They tell them who you are, what you're like, and what you are going to do. Let's take for example this business card:



This is a great example of a creative business card. It's for an artist. It gives the receiver a taste of them, that they think differently and are talented at what they do. Let's look at another:



This is another great business card. It's light, playful, and simple. I would probably like to work with this person. She chose bright colors and presents the information in an easy to read format. Let's look at one more:



I'm not sure how well you can read that, but it has some pretty colorful language on it, and I don't mean the different colors in "google." This business card is shocking. And after reading the guy's blog, it makes sense for him. But if you're looking to get a job in Corporate America, I wouldn't recommend doing this. For kicks and giggles, here's my business card:


Business Cards

No comments: